The Friends of Doveton Library will sell books priced from 50 cents to $5 and magazines for 10 cents.
- Doveton Library, Autumn Place, Doveton. Saturday 19 November, 9.30am to 12.30pm. Call 9792 9497 for more information.
Art in the gardens
Local artist Brendan Nicholl will host a garden art session.
Materials and equipment are provided, but participants are welcome to bring a sketch pad and materials.
Any experience level is welcome.
- Heritage Hill Museum and Historic Gardens, 66 McCrae Street, Dandenong. Saturdays 19 and 26 November, 10am to 1pm. $18 per class. Call 8571 1666 or visit www.greaterdandenong.com to book.
Pick up a bargain
This car boot sale will also feature Devonshire teas and a sausage sizzle.
- St James’ Anglican Church, corner Wilson and Langhorne streets, Dandenong. Saturday 19 November, 9am to 2pm. Cost $15. Call Charles after hours for bookings on 0412 221 652.
Back to nature
Alex Wilkie Nature Reserve is open every Friday and on the third Sunday of the month during spring and summer. The council offers bookings for school and community groups to learn more about the indigenous flora and fauna in the reserve and rangers are available for guided tours. Live steamers mini-trains are available for rides on Sunday open days. Closed-toe shoes are required for train rides.
- Alex Wilkie Nature Reserve, Mackay Street, Springvale South. Fridays, 9am to 3pm. Bookings are essential for groups. Call 8571 1702.
International Games Day
This event celebrates games, libraries, and the communities through board games, puzzles, console games and more.
There’ll be tournaments in FIFA, Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart, and big games of snakes and ladders, chess, connect four, and noughts and crosses.
- Dandenong Library, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong, and Springvale Library, 411 Springvale Road, Springvale. Saturday 19 November, 11am to 4pm. Bookings are required for the tournaments. Call 1300 630 920.