Friends of Red Cross Australia’s Hallam branch will run a big cake stall.
Items for sale will include bargain gifts for Christmas, bric-a-brac, knitted items, handmade goods for the home, plants, cakes, slices and spreads.
Donations of saleable items would be appreciated. Contact Betty on 9774 0194 for details.
- Autumn Place, Doveton. Friday 3 November, 9am to 1.30pm. Call Betty on 9774 0194 for details.
Melbourne Cup fund-raiser
Silverton Cricket Club is holding an event in the lead-up to the race that stops the nation.
Guests can enter the Silverton Sweepstakes and finger food will be available.
The club will use most of the funds generated for further community projects.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Vegas Waverley Gardens, corner Police and Jacksons roads, Mulgrave. Monday 6 November, 6pm to 10.30pm. Tickets are $15 each. Call 9546 8066 for more information.
Garnar Lane Light Boxes
These light boxes are visible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Melbourne-based artist David Wadelton in this set of photographs presents images of the milk bar, the fish and chip shop, apartment blocks, newsagents, old shop signs, long-closed businesses and back lanes.
- Garnar Lane, between Thomas and Lonsdale streets, Dandenong. Until 30 November.
Cup Eve dinner dance
The Anglo-Oz Dance Band will be playing for the St Mary’s Parish Cup Eve Dinner Dance.
The night will also include a buffet dinner, raffle and Melbourne Cup Day sweep. BYO drinks.
- St Mary’s Community Centre, New Street, Dandenong. Parking via McCrae Street. Monday 6 November, 7pm until late. Tickets are $40. Call Brian David on 8759 0747 or 0421 983 862.
International Games Day
Greater Dandenong Libraries will host snakes and ladders, giant jenga, a FIFA tournament and much more. Bookings are required for tournaments.
- Dandenong Library and Harmony Square, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong, and Springvale Library, 411 Springvale Road, Springvale. Saturday 4 November, 11am to 4pm. For more information or to book in for a tournament, call 1300 630 920.