.

A 21-year-old Springvale man will answer 92 charges over last year’s fire at the Commonwealth Bank in Springvale.
The man, named as Nur Islam, faced Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on the afternoon of Thursday 16 February and was remanded to appear again on Thursday 11 May.
The charges include conduct endangering life, criminal damage endangering life, criminal damage by fire, gross violence, intentionally causing serious injury, and recklessly causing serious injury.
Twenty-six people were injured when the Rohingya asylum seeker from Myanmar allegedly set himself on fire inside the bank on 18 November and injured customers and staff when the fire spread.

Comments are closed.

Your first stop before buying a home. View the whole picture.

More News

Police arrested four teens over a string of alleged burglaries at primary schools in the Noble Park area. They executed ...

Dandenong South’s Ego Pharmaceuticals is the Australian Exporter of the Year. The skincare manufacturer also won the manufacturing category ...

Lower speed zones could slow central Dandenong, in a bid to boost pedestrian safety. VicRoads metro south-east operations director Michael ...

Knife-wielding robbers used a car to corral their victims on a Keysborough road. Police said two Clayton South men, aged 23 ...

Sandown Road residents woke to a car alarm and looked outside to see flames coming from a parked vehicle. Police ...

An 82-year-old man has died in hospital, following a collision in Springvale in November. Police said the Springvale man was ...

Latest Sport

For Dandenong, Saturday’s comfortable win was a glimpse into the future, but also an intimidating warning of the depth ...

DANDENONG DISTRICT TURF 1 REVIEW – ROUND 5 Surprise packet ST MARY’S provided the shock of the round, with a ripping upset ...

The Dandenong Rangers are only a slender chance of appearing in the 2017/18 WNBL finals, with last year’s grand finalists ...