It’s show time!
The Outback Stockman’s Show will be on all weekend and is included in the admission price.
Also on both days will be roving balloon twisting, dog flyball, free entertainment in the children’s area and sheep pavilion, and community displays.
On Saturday there’ll be a GT Falcons display, gumboot throws, a great grocery give-away, tractor pull, Highland dancing, a fireworks at 9pm, and a FReeZA Entertainment Extravaganza.
Sunday will feature a Hot Rod Club of Victoria show and shine, Hot Saws, sheep dog and sheep shearing demonstrations, a cattle display and hand milking, and a free ‘guess the weight of the animal’ contest.
- Greaves Reserve, Bennet Street, Dandenong. Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 November. Gates open 9am both days. Buy one ride ticket, get one free between 10am and noon on both show days. Entry is $10 for adults, $5 for kids aged six to 16 years and free for children aged five years and under. Family show tickets for two adults and up to four children are available via pre-purchase for $25. Visit dandyshow.com.au/tickets.
Meditation retreat day
This event will allow participants to reflect and renew, bringing harmony and joy into their lives.
- The Open Door, 110 Ann Street, Dandenong. Sunday 12 November, 9.45am to 2.30pm. A $10 suggested donation includes a light lunch. Spaces are limited. Call 9791 8664.
Bulls Eye book launch
Author John Camillo launches his book Bulls Eye with a live reading, light refreshments and book signing.
This event is free and no bookings are required.
- Dandenong Library, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong. Friday 10 November, 6.30pm. Call 1300 630 920.
This Me and My Dad workshop is designed for kids aged seven to 11 years and an accompanying parent or carer.
Participants will learn about erosion, plate tectonics, land forms, soil classification, earthquakes, rock types and more in this hands-on activity.
- Dandenong Library, Level 2, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong. Saturday 11 November, 3pm. Call 1300 630 920 for bookings.
Rangers play ball
The Dandenong Jayco Rangers boast some of the most talented female basketballers in the world and are in the hunt for the finals.
There are giveaways and prizes to be won at each game.
- Dandenong Stadium, 270 Stud Road, Dandenong. Friday 10 November and Friday 23 November, 7.30pm. Tickets are $18 for adults and $12 concession or for kids. Call 9794 7192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.