Springvale Snow Fest
The streets will be filled with snow straight from Mt Buller, rides, free kids activities, live music, market and food stalls and fireworks.
- Corner Buckingham and Balmoral avenues, Springvale. Sunday 30 July, noon to 7pm.
Fun with coding
This free hands-on coding program will teach kids aged seven to 11 how to use Scratch.
- Dandenong Library, 225 Lonsdale Street, Dandenong. Saturdays, 10.30am to noon. Bookings are essential, in person or on 1300 630 920.
Jazz and dancing
The Aussie Rhythm and Jazz Association (ARJA) will celebrate its second anniversary with a jazz and dance event.
All age groups are welcome. Eight-piece dance band Anglo-Oz will perform and there’ll be Indian food for sale.
The dress code is neat casual. BYO drinks and dancing shoes.
- Keysborough Seniors Club, 352 Cheltenham Road, Keysborough. Saturday 29 July, 7pm to 11pm. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children. Call Brian David on 8759 0747 or 0421 983 862.
National Tree Day
This tree planting day will mark National Tree Day and help wildlife.
The event will be cancelled if there’s heavy rain.
- Coomoora Woodland Flora and Fauna Reserve, Serpentine Road, Keysborough. Saturday 29 July, 10am to 1pm. Bookings essential. Call 8571 1702.
Open House Melbourne
Dandenong will open its doors to some of its most iconic buildings, including the Heritage Hill precinct, Drum Theatre, Harmony Square and Garner Lane.
There’ll be tours – including a ghost-themed night tour at the Drum – lectures and exhibitions to share historical and architectural stories.
- Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 July, 10am to 4pm. Booking details are coming soon at www.openhousemelbourne.org.