Festival of Light celebrations
This Diwali day will feature traditional live music and Bollywood-inspired performances, food trucks, stalls, free henna hand painting and more.
- Dandenong Market, corner Clow and Cleeland streets, Dandenong. Sunday 22 October, 10am to 4pm.
Garnar Lane Light Boxes
These light boxes are visible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Melbourne-based artist David Wadelton in this set of photographs presents images of the milk bar, the fish and chip shop, apartment blocks, newsagents, old shop signs, long-closed businesses and back lanes.
- Garnar Lane, between Thomas and Lonsdale streets, Dandenong. Until 30 November.
9 by 5 exhibition
Artists present their creativity on nine inch by five inch panels in a wide variety of styles.
The exhibition commemorates the original 9 by 5 exhibition held in Melbourne in 1889.
The first 9 by 5 exhibition featured Tom Roberts, Charles Condor, Arthur Streeton and Frederick McCubbin and introduced the impressionist style to Australia on cigar box lids.
- Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre, corner Walker and Robinson streets, Dandenong. Until Saturday 4 November. Tuesday to Friday, 11am to 5pm, and Saturday, 11am to 3pm.
Backyard Bird Discovery Walk
Celebrate National Bird Week with a guided bird walk.
Hear from bird experts about how to create habitat for birdlife and to participate in the Aussie Backyard Bird Count citizen science program.
Participants must wear sturdy, enclosed footwear and sensible outdoor clothing and bring a water bottle. Binoculars are worth bringing along.
All ages are welcome but children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Tirhatuan Park, Kriegel Way, Dandenong North. Sunday 22 October, 2pm to 4pm. Registration essential at wwww.livinglinks.com.au/birdwalks. Call 8781 7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Annual art show
Noble Park Community Centre’s 12th annual Art Show will feature works from local artists, including school students.
It aims to unite groups with an interest in art across Greater Dandenong and celebrate community art.
- Noble Park Community Centre, Ross Reserve, Memorial Drive, Noble Park. Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 October, 10am to 4pm.