Fine over electric shock

A Mulgrave sign installation company was convicted and fined $50,000 over an incident that left a worker with severe burns from an electric shock.

The worker, from Southern Ultimate Sign Installations, was shocked while removing a metal rod from the top of an advertising sign at Northland shopping centre in November 2010.

Appearing at Heidelberg Magistrates Court last week, the company pleaded guilty to one charge of failing to provide a safe system of work.

Your first stop before buying a home. View the whole picture.