Halloween at the market
The Dandenong Market will mark Halloween with two spooktakular days.
Sunday 29 October will include a trick or treat treasure hunt for kids, limited edition dishes, a mad scientist magic show, a zombie jazz band, face painting and more.
There’ll be Halloween-themed dishes on Tuesday 31 October and monsters meandering the market on stilts to give spooky scares.
- Dandenong Market, corner Clow and Cleeland streets, Dandenong. Sunday 29 October, 10am to 3pm, and Tuesday 31 October, 11am to 3pm.
Garnar Lane Light Boxes
These light boxes are visible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Melbourne-based artist David Wadelton in this set of photographs presents images of the milk bar, the fish and chip shop, apartment blocks, newsagents, old shop signs, long-closed businesses and back lanes.
- Garnar Lane, between Thomas and Lonsdale streets, Dandenong. Until 30 November.
9 by 5 exhibition
Artists present their creativity on nine-inch by five-inch panels in a wide variety of styles.
The exhibition commemorates the original 9 by 5 exhibition held in Melbourne in 1889.
The first 9 by 5 exhibition featured Tom Roberts, Charles Condor, Arthur Streeton and Frederick McCubbin and introduced the impressionist style to Australia on cigar box lids.
- Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre, corner Walker and Robinson streets, Dandenong. Until Saturday 4 November. Tuesday to Friday, 11am to 5pm, and Saturday, 11am to 3pm.
Keysborough community swap
Swap and share items at this fourth Saturday of the month event. No money changes hands.
Members swap plants, bulbs, cuttings, home-grown vegetables and herbs, and other useful items.
- Keysborough Resurrection School’s productive gardens, next to Keysborough Freedom Club. Enter via the driveway next to the retirement village at 414-418 Corrigan Road, Keysborough. Saturday 28 October, 10am to 11am.
Dandenong Jayco Rangers
Watch some of the world’s most talented female basketballers.
The team will take on Sydney Uni at a Halloween-themed match.
Single game tickets are $18 for adults.
- Dandenong Stadium, 270 Stud Road, Dandenong. Saturday 29 October, 5pm. Call 9794 7192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.