Unleash your inner creativity thanks to the City of Greater Dandenong’s Cultural Threads program, an exciting month-long celebration of textiles.
The program includes a range of Get Creative workshops throughout August.
This is your chance to learn and get creative with some of Melbourne’s best craft artists.
– Jewellery Masterclass Series on Thursday 1, 8, 15 August. Price from $17. Upcycling never looked so good! Join jeweller Emma Grace for a three-part workshop on how to make bespoke wearable pieces to take home using recycled materials such as fabric, plastics and vintage jewellery. No previous experience required. Heritage Hill Museum and Historic Gardens, 6.30pm – 8.30pm, Ages 15+
– Native Botanical Fabric Dyeing, Saturday 10 August and Saturday 17 August. Price from $40. Price covers both workshop days. Join Yindjibarndi artist Katie West and learn the meditative skills of native botanical dyeing using native flora and fauna. In this two-day workshop, participants of all ages to learn the techniques of textiles dyeing using native leaves, flowers and bark. Walker Street Gallery and Arts Centre, 11.30am – 1.30pm, All ages
– Raise Your Voice! Craftivist Stitching Workshop, Tuesday 13 August. Price from $17. Melbourne based artist Tal Fitzpatrick invites you to participate in this craftivism workshop. Come together with like-minded souls and learn how to use basic craft skills to create something that matters. Heritage Hill Museum and Historic Gardens, 6.30pm – 8.30pm, Ages 15+
– My Pinata Heart! Tuesday 20 August. Price from $17 Join artist Kitiya Palaskas for a colourful piñata workshop. Participants will learn how to make a decorative heart or trophy piñata that can be filled with inspirational words, good vibes, and powerful messages. Heritage Hill Museum and Historic Gardens, 6.30pm – 8.30pm, Ages 15+
– How to Make a Plush Toy with Cat Rabbit, Saturday 24 August and Sunday 25 August. Price from $40. Price covers both workshop days. From drafting a design to sewing, learn how to make your very own plush character with artist Cat Rabbit at this two-day workshop. Accessorise your creation with handmade items to give it a unique personality. Heritage Hill Museum and Historic Gardens, 2pm – 6pm, Ages 15+
For more information or to book go to greaterdandenong.com/getcreative