Greater Dandenong Council has knocked back a proposal for five townhouses on a Dandenong block.
Councillors unanimously refused the 140 David Street planning application on Monday night, 27 June.
“I’m glad that we’ve seen the light on this one,” councillor Angela Long said.
“It’s very much an overdevelopment of the area.”
Cr Matthew Kirwan said five townhouses on a 754 square metre block were too many so far from the Dandenong CBD and that the development did not fit the neighbourhood character.
The council received three objections to the application, raising issues of overlooking, neighbourhood character, impact on land value and traffic.
The report from council officers said the land might be suitable for medium-density housing and that this proposal was inappropriate and inconsistent with planning policies.
Lights dim on townhouses plan

Digital Editions
-

Seagulls legends honoured
Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 533225 **One of the most awesome things you’ll see in local sport is the new mural on the wall…














